Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Best store to buy back to school supplies





It's that time of year again when kids start their first day of elementary school, tweens start to dread the first day of Junior high, and the teens (like myself) just find its another year of High school. Unless, you're a Senior. Which I am so anxiously excited to be on August 13th!

After going through the same routine of going back to school supplies shopping for over 12 years, I believe I've found the best store to buy back to school supplies without spending too much cash!

About two weeks ago I had decided to go to three stores to find which had the best deals for my senior year school supplies (what a waste of gas, I know), I visited Target, Staples, then Walmart.
After visiting both Target and Staples, feeling let down but also relieved that I did not end up spending over 50 dollars on school supplies at either of them, I decided to check out Walmart.

Walmart sold the exact Five Star brand items for less than the amount they were at Target and Staples! I was completely shocked because this had been my first experience buying back to school supplies at Walmart! I had decided on buying the "off brand" five star notebooks (total of six, quite sturdy) for only 95 cents each! If you wanted to, the five star brand notebooks were only $1.95!

Along with buying six notebooks I also spent about $1.00-$2.00 each on five star brand folders with convenient flash card holders which will definitely come in handy since I use flash cards for EVERY SINGLE CLASS. Lastly, I bought two 1/2 inch binders for classes that might want us to use a binder for their class, two packs of extra college ruled paper, a weekly/monthly planner, and two composition books for only fifty cents each!

My total?: $29.86

Walmart, you definetly did not let me down at all, I am so happy knowing that I bought so much back to school supplies for half the price I would've spent at Target or Staples!

To all the teens or parents of kids going back to school that are reading this, I just want you to know I've lugged around a binder these past three years of high school. If your child is not a binder person, definitely think about giving him or her a inch smaller binder. If your child is a teen with a locker, you should consider buying notebooks and label them for specific classes along with folders as well. I believe it will not only keep your teen organized having everything for a specific class in one place rather than a cluttered binder, but also happy to not lug around that big fat binder in their backpack.

I can't wait to make so many new memories this year and I wish the best of luck to you and whatever grade you may be going into as well!

- The ModernJM

http://www.radiorcc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/School-Selfie.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment